Installing all the python libraries required for data science can be a challenge, especially on windows machine. Unfortunately the same thing that makes the libraries fast also makes them difficult to distribute to different system types. Luckily there are a few free options for getting up and running painlessly. I recommend installing Anaconda, an easy to install python distribution that includes all the essential libraries like NumPy, SciPy, pandas and IPython. An alternative is Enthought Canopy.
- How to Transition from Ph.D. Student to Data Scientist, Score: 0.956
- GitHub now renders Jupyter (IPython) notebooks, Score: 0.926
- Scikit-learn machine learning algorithm flowchart, Score: 0.865
- Using sed to make specific text lowercase in place, Score: 0.807
- PyCon 2015 videos, Score: 0.798